PPE: Personal Protective Equipment Safety
PPE: Personal Protective Equipment Safety Quiz
The number of attempts remaining is 2
Enter personal information below.
1 / 26
1. The company can't make you wear PPE - it can only recommend it.
OSHA required employees to wear PPE. Big Fish HVAC/R requires employees to wear proper PPE.
2 / 26
2. PPE should always be thrown away after each use.
Most PPE can be cleaned and reused.
3 / 26
3. If you want to find out about specific hazards associated with a particular substance, check the Safety Data Sheet.
4 / 26
4. Which of the following hazards often require PPE?
5 / 26
5. Gloves can protect your hands from which of the following:
6 / 26
6. When wearing a face shield, you must also wear safety goggles to protect your eyes.
When combined with safety glasses or goggles, a face shield provides an important additional layer of protection not just for your eyes, but also protects the rest of your face from burns, cuts, or even exposures to toxic or caustic chemicals.
7 / 26
7. Safety glasses or goggles should be checked for cracks or damage before each use.
Always check safety glasses for cracks or damage before each use. Replace as necessary and store in a clean area.
8 / 26
8. All eye protection must be ANSI Z87 approved.
When a pair of safety glasses are ANSI-rated, that means they have been shown to meet the standards set by ANSI for a specific rating. Any glasses that are not ANSI-rated is putting you at risk for eye injury.
9 / 26
9. Common causes of eye injuries include:
10 / 26
10. Hard hat protection is effective only if the hat is adjusted to fit properly and is worn squared and not cocked at an angle or perched on the back of the head.
A hard hat is a type of helmet predominantly used in workplace environments such as industrial or construction sites to protect the head from injury due to falling objects, impact with other objects, debris, rain, and electric shock. Suspension bands inside the helmet spread the helmet's weight and the force of any impact over the top of the head. A suspension also provides space of approximately 30 mm between the helmet's shell and the wearer's head, so that if an object strikes the shell, the impact is less likely to be transmitted directly to the skull.
11 / 26
11. The use of a hard hat reduces your risk of which of the following?
12 / 26
12. In the Hierarchy of Controls, Engineering Controls are:
Engineering controls are strategies designed to protect workers from hazardous conditions by placing a barrier between the worker and the hazard. Engineering controls involve a physical change to the workplace itself, rather than relying on workers' behavior or requiring workers to wear protective clothing.
13 / 26
13. PPE Engineering Controls include:
14 / 26
14. You need to wear a full-body harness. You have never used one before. What should you do?
You must complete training by an authorized instructor prior to donning a full-body harness. The training is important because no matter how good the quick-connect buckle or how much a cushion the padding provides, it’s only as good as the way it is used.
15 / 26
15. When employees use their own PPE, the employer is responsible for assuring its adequacy, including proper maintenance, and sanitation of such equipment.
Where employees provide their own protective equipment, the employer shall be responsible to assure its adequacy, including proper maintenance, and sanitation of such equipment.
16 / 26
16. Once you have selected the correct gloves to protect you from the chemicals to which you will be exposed, you can continue to use them until they wear out or are torn.
17 / 26
17. Welding shields primarily protect against:
18 / 26
18. Face shields can protect from impact hazards.
19 / 26
19. You should check protective clothing for damage each time before you wear it.
20 / 26
20. The right PPE can protect you against
21 / 26
21. Who should provide you with any Personal Protective Equipment you need?
22 / 26
22. If there is a risk of materials flying into your eyes, you should wear:
23 / 26
23. If you drop your safety helmet from height on to a hard surface, you should:
24 / 26
24. Look at these statements about anti-vibration gloves. Which one is true?
25 / 26
26 / 26
Restart quiz Exit
Yes, we are open. We will remain open during this critical time due to being an essential business and are available to you 24/7. We want to emphasize that we are taking every necessary precaution to protect our technicians and customers.