Walking-Working Surfaces Safety Training
Thank you for your participation in this Big Fish HVAC Safety Training Course.
The number of attempts remaining is 2
Enter personal information below.
1 / 11
1. Did you watch the YouTube video titled " Walking & Working Surfaces”" prior to taking this quiz?
You must view the YouTube video titled "Walking & Working Surfaces" prior to receiving your certification (even if you received a passing score on this quiz).
2 / 11
2. For safety, you need to use the railing only going down stairs.
Use the railing going upstairs and downstairs. You could trip and fall going up, too.
3 / 11
3. If you didn't cause clutter or spills on the floor, you have no responsibility for correcting the hazard.
Whether or not you caused a spill or left items lying around to be tripped over, anytime you see a walking-working surface hazard, you are responsible for correcting or reporting it. This applies to anywhere in the facility, not just your work area.
4 / 11
4. Which of the following is true of scaffolds?
An access ladder, overhead protection and keeping tools organized are all safety precautions that should be taken each time you access a scaffold.
5 / 11
5. Why are toe boards required in addition to guardrails in many industrial situations?
The purpose of toe boards is to prevent objects, tools, and equipment from falling over an edge of a roof or platform. Toe boards also help protect workers from falling off elevated walking-working surfaces.
6 / 11
6. Slips happen on surfaces that are slippery and is increased by these factors:
All places of the workplace, passageways, storerooms, service rooms, and walking-working surfaces are to be kept in a clean, orderly, and sanitary condition.
7 / 11
7. The most common causes for slips, trips & falls are:
Proper housekeeping in work and walking areas can contribute to safety and the prevention of falls. It is important to maintain a safe working environment and walking surface free of obstacles.
8 / 11
8. Which type of ladder is a conductor electricity?
When working with electricity, electrical circuit or equipment, or near electric lines, ladder safety should be observed. Metal ladders should never be used when dealing with electricity. Always choose a nonconductive ladder made of wood or fiberglass.
9 / 11
9. Scraps of paper, cardboard or discarded packing material can all cause you to slip and fall.
Incidents involving slips, trips, and falls can frequently result in serious disabling injuries. Always practice good housekeeping. Don’t leave loose objects on walking working surfaces. Never leave water or oil spills unattended. If they can't be cleaned up immediately, set up a barrier so that people know about the hazard.
10 / 11
10. Regardless of the type of scaffold you're working on, you must use..........
The leading cause of worker fatalities in construction work is from falls. In addition to the over 100 deaths per year caused by falls thousands more construction workers are injured each year by them, according to OSHA statistics.
11 / 11
11. It is okay to carry something while climbing a ladder?
Don’t carry tools, equipment, or material in your hands while climbing. Use a tool belt for small tools and a hoist line or gin wheel for lifting and lowering larger items. To use ladders safely, always maintain three points of contact. That means two hands and one foot or two feet and one hand on the ladder at all times.
Restart quiz Exit
Yes, we are open. We will remain open during this critical time due to being an essential business and are available to you 24/7. We want to emphasize that we are taking every necessary precaution to protect our technicians and customers.